Fire Prevention and Fire Safety Is an Important Part of Any Place You Visit

This is the kind of day when you dream about being at the lake. With temperatures in the single digits feeling like it is below zero when the wind chill is factored in you find yourself dreaming about the lake more and more often. You realize that it is still months away, but you are more than hopeful that you will be able to have plenty of days when you put the boat into the water. You did not really intend to be looking for used boats for sale, but your husband found a deal he simply could not pass up. Ever since the purchase, he has been spending time in the enclosed shop making a few updates to the boat that was already nicer than anything you have had at the lake in the past.
All of your plans for a weekend at the lake, however, will mean little if you have not taken the time to also invest in the necessary types of fire protection services. While you are planning for time on the water, in fact, it is also important to know that you have taken the time to have the necessary fire alarm systems in your cabin, as well as a needed fire extinguisher on the boat and on the dock.

Finding the right boat or jet ski for your lake house can make for some great family vacations and lifetime memories. With the right purchase you can take your friends and family on the lake for fishing, tubing or skiing. Consider some of the other ways that a boat or other kind of water craft item can make for a great LAKE WEEKEND, but also consider the safety precautions you need to have in place if you want to guarantee not only a happy, but also safe time:

  • Long, lazy afternoons on a pontoon boat can be a great way to enjoy time at the lake.
  • Any time you have friends or family members who are visiting you on the lake is a great time to give them a ride around the whole lake.
  • Kids love all of the fun and excitement of tubing behind a boat,
  • Enjoying a fireworks display from the water is an especially fun way to spend the Fourth of July weekend.



  • When ever you have a chance to catch an early morning susrise with your family it is a perfect time to get out on the lake.
  • Evening sunset boat rides are also a popular option on many lakes.
  • Every day is a great day for fishing with your father or with your sons. Every day is also a great day for knowing that the latest types of fire protection services are in place back at home while you are away at the lake.
  • Keeping everyone happy during a long weekend family reunion is easier when you have a boat to share with relatives from out of town or out of state.
  • Even when the sun does not shine there are still many times when a cloudy day on the lake is better than a day at the office.
  • No one wants to miss out on a chance to see some of the other new houses that have been built around the lake. The view from a boat is the perfect way to see any lakeside additions. If you ever decide to rent one of the newest additions to the lake it is important that you work with a property owner who assures you that the latest types of fire protection services are in place.
  • Days spent out on a wave runner or other personal water craft are some of the favorite days for many teenagers and college students.

No one wants to have a LAKE WEEKEND ruined by poor planning. Especially if you are choosing to rent a group of rooms in a big resort, it is important that you not only find the right boat and other recreational options, you should also check to see that the resort where you are staying has the safest types of fire protection services in place. In a survey of 119 businesses, only 35% had any kind of fire evacuation plan, so make sure that your reservations are in one of the other 65%.