This is the weekend when lots of outdoor gardening happens. As families across the country prepare to gift their mother’s with gifts on Mother’s Day, it should come as no surprise that there will be lots of flowers planted. Whether they be in flower beds by the front door or large pots by the garage, this is the weekend when many families pitch in and help their mothers start their flowers. And while some people are happy to plant from seed and wait patiently for results, there are others who make sure that they start with potted plants that are already in bloom. Some families even start their plants themselves to make sure that they can have beautiful plants before Memorial Weekend.
With grow light hangers in the basement or in home build greenhouses, there are many ways that Americans can start their own plants for their flower or vegetable gardens. In addition to a detailed plan for lighting, these same growers also make use of house plant nutrients and other fertilizers.
In a time when so many home owners are making plans for their flower and vegetable gardens, there is also a growing interest in these growing supplies by people who are interested in entering the commercial growing business. With the use of cloning trays and satellite trimming machines, in fact, even small time growers can make big progress in preparing their plants for their own use or commercial resale. With the use of humidity domes and different kinds of hydroponic supplies, plants can grow so efficiently that these growers will also need the assistance of satellite trimming machines at some point.
Consider some of these facts and figures about the plant growing industry and the impact that it has on the nation’s economy:
- The market value of fluorescent grow lights amounted to approximately $50 million in 2016.
- The market value of plasma grow lights were valued about $30 million in 2016.
- Using hydroponics compared to traditional soil farming, growers can plant four times the amount of crops in the same space.
- Growers and farmers claim that some hydroponic crops use 90% less water than the same crops in traditional soil farming.
- With the ability to receive the correct amount of nutrients, water, and oxygen, some crops can grow twice as fast in a hydroponic environment.
Mother’s Day will come and go this weekend, but the flowers that families plant this weekend will provide beauty for the rest of the summer. Likewise, there are a number of growers who benefit from hot house technology and the efforts to help growers get a head start on any season. From satellite trimming machines to other advanced equipment, it is important to make sure that they are making the most of their efforts.