Whether you’re looking to redo your driveway, renovate your kitchen or looking for something to spruce up your property, there are plenty of benefits to be gained from using natural stone for any of those projects. Of the 93 percent of homeowners who are updating countertops during a kitchen renovation, the majority are choosing natural stone materials.
There are plenty of benefits of natural stone, which include:
- Natural stone is an environmentally friendly building material that can benefit a home or the inside of a business in many ways. In fact, 81 percent of travelers feel it’s important for properties and accommodations to implement eco-friendly practices.
- Natural stone is the most sustainable building material. Earth has vast resources of stone and natural stone has an enduring life-cycle.
- Each piece of stone is unique has a unique blend of color and tones that make it stand out whether you’re putting it in your garden, driveway or somewhere else around your home.
- Natural stone’s color is just that, natural, which means it isn’t pigmented and is going to stand out.
- Natural stone retains its look over time, giving it a marked advance over concrete, which can become exposed with heavy trafficking.
- Natural stone is durable and resistant to weather such as frost.
- Natural stone requires simple cleaning to maintain, giving it some upside over concrete which can require ongoing maintenance.
- Natural stone can be installed very similar to concrete.
- Using natural stone materials such as natural stone slabs, can add greater value to a property.
- Compared to concrete, the cost of natural stone materials doesn’t necessarily cost more.
For anyone looking for natural stone slabs for sale, you can take comfort in knowing that natural stone is exactly what it sounds like, is durable and hasn’t been manufactured. Natural stone slabs for sale can also be bought and recycled to use for paving or for use in aggregate products.
Hardscaping is one the rise: According to the Census Bureau’s Survey of Construction, just 23 percent of new homes started in 2014 had a deck, while 56 percent had a patio. In addition, a 2017 Unilever study found that 33 percent of consumers, about one in three, prefer to choose brands that support social or environmental causes.
Natural stone slabs can provide a cost-effective solution to both problems. Many companies offering natural stone slabs for sale offer a quality product that looks good and is environmentally safe. Natural stone slabs are simple to install and looks natural. There are plenty of uses for ceramic slabs and engineered stone, but natural stone slabs offer a natural look and durability.