They just do not make things the way they used to!
How many times have you heard that phrase lately?
Fortunately, in a time of what seems to be declining craftsmanship, an entire industry is still dedicated to the purpose of making things last. From the development of paints that are used on parking lots, highways, interstates, and, even, airport runways to the diamond-like-carbon (DLC) coatings that are used on various industries, scientists and engineers are in the business of making products and creating surfaces that last. The DLC coating service industry, in fact, creates products that are used in everything from firearms to hardware and automotive parts to oil refinery. For while many consumers are willing to simply buy new items to replace the shoddy craftsmanship that is becoming more and more common, many manufacturing industries and surface coating companies must still have products that are wear resistant to harsh weather conditions, man made heat, and thousands of uses. Consider these facts and figures about DLC coating services and other products that seek to increase the longevity of expense and necessary Parts:
- G40 Coating are a galvanized product consisting of nearly 99% pure zinc that is applied to the base steel sheet through a hot-dipped coating process.
- One type of high temperature coating is a diffusion, or conversion, process where the deposited mass is diffused and/or reacted with the substrate to form a somewhat continuous gradation in composition.
- The second kind of high temperature hard coatings are an overlay process in which material is deposited at the surface of the substrate.
- $2.3 billion in paint and coatings products were exported from the U.S. in the year 2014. This is the highest level in a decade.
- 352 million gallons of industrial coatings were sold to customer industries at a value of $6.8 billion in the year 2014.
- Valued at $1.3 billion in the year 2014, the industrial maintenance coatings market is the second largest sub-segment of the hard coatings industry.
- $454 million in the year 2014 was the value of traffic marking paint, a product that is used on roadways, parking lots, and airport surfaces.
Check out this site for more. This is a great source for more.