You want to get more people to visit your website and buy the products you sell or the services you provide. More than 93% of all internet experiences are started at a search engine site. The vast majority of internet users do not scroll past the first page of their search results so it is important to make sure your website pops up as close to the top as you can. The good news is that a great search engine optimization (SEO) campaign can help with that. You do not have to be a marketing company expert to take steps to reap the benefits of SEO.
- Pick the right keywords. When you talk to any SEO marketing company, they will tell you that you need to start with the right keywords. This s as important today as it was at the dawn of SEO. Google changes up how it indexes sites and how it values them but using the right keywords remains a key part of having a good return on investment (ROI) for developing a professional SEO strategy.
- Work on your local SEO efforts. Are you a local business? If you have a brick and mortar store or you provide your services in one area, you can be considered a local business. You marketing company experts will tell you that including local keywords in your content will help people find you. More and more people are using the Google “near me” feature to do just that. If you make your websites for people in Stony Brook, New York, for example, including the keywords, “Long Island web design company” will show people on Long Island where you are and what you do.
- Make your site look great for mobile users. In 2013, the number of people who access the internet from their mobile devices surpassed those who use the internet on their computers. This number is only expected to grow. For local businesses, having a website that loads quickly and looks great on mobile devices will make all of the difference. When people are out and about and are looking for a restaurant, they are not going to a computer, they are checking their phone. Your website needs to look good when they find you that way.
- Content is king. Your content will drive people either to your site or away from it. It should include snappy, helpful and easily digestible copy. You should create a great logo and use images and video to tell your story. All of your images and video need to make use of your keywords in their descriptions. This is how they will be found by Google. You can get some decent images online for free but if you have products you really want to sell or people who work for you that you want to showcase, it may be worth it to have some professional photos taken. These can enhance your website and be used for your other marketing efforts.
- Consider your audience. You know your products and services better than anyone. You should know what makes people buy your products and need your services. When you are writing your copy and finding images and video, most marketing company experts remind people that the audience needs to find all of it useful or helpful. That way they will both return to the site and tell their friends about it.
- Use your social media channels. Use your keywords in all of your social media posts. You have to really be social with your social media channels. That means you should respond when people leave a Facebook message or respond to a Tweet that you send out. Social media can be a challenge to use but at the end of the day, you have to use it to make the most of it. There are some tools you can use to make it much more easy to spread the word but the more interactive you are with your social media channels.
Developing an SEO marketing campaign and strategy will help you reap great benefits for your business and your bottom line.