You have a business and a website. You want to drive more traffic and increase awareness of your brand but need some web marketing guidance? There are some things you can do to get more people to visit and use your website.
Tips to Help Drive More Traffic to Your Website:
- Start with good keywords. Some web marketing people may tell you that search engine optimization (SE)) is dead but they are wrong. More than 93% of all internet experienced are started with a search engine search. The vast majority of these start out with Google. Picking the right keywords for your business is more of an art than a science and is always going to be a work in progress.
- Incorporate local SEO techniques. If you run a local business or have a shop, you should include your location in your keywords. If you provide web design services in Smithtown, New York, for example, you might want to use “Long Island web design” as one of your keywords. More and more people are using the “near me” feature with Google searches. You want to make sure when people are looking for the products or services you provide in your area, that they find your website.
- Consider adding pay per click (PPC) ads to your campaign. This is one of the fastest ways to get people to find and visit your website. The ads you make can be text ads or banner ads and you pay only for the clicks you get. Web marketing experts recommend this as one of the best ways to raise awareness of your brand and get people to use your website. If you want to limit your visitors to people who are serious about buying your products, include a price in the ad. The price of an item or service has been shown to be the biggest factor people consider when they are looking to buy something online.
- List your site in all of the online directories. Does Google have your information correct? You need to make sure your website is listed along with the correct information for your street address, phone number and hours of operation. Check out Google Places for Business and check to make sure they have your accurate and up to date information. This will make it easier for potential clients and customers to fund you.
- Make sure your site is mobile device friendly. More and more people are accessing the internet from their mobile devices. This is especially true for people who are out and looking for goods or services. Make sure your website design works on this kind of technology. If you want your website to succeed, it is essential that it work on mobile devices.
- Use your social media channels. Link back to your website in your posts on all of your social media posts. Respond to people’s Tweets and Facebook messages and include your URL. Find groups that might be interested in your products and services and link back. Be a bit careful with this as you can turn people off. Check and see if there is a Facebook page or group for your area. Some places have these groups and places set up to promote local businesses. Ask the moderators what the policy is about self promotion. See if you can get your loyal customers and clients to leave feedback about you on those pages and groups.’
- Send an email message to your list. Email lists can very valuable for spreading the word about your website. If you already send out a newsletter, your web URL should be linked, under your logo, all over the newsletter. If you do not send this out, sending periodic messages to your list can help. Include some useful information and even a coupon to get people to open your messages and see your links. This can help spread the word about your business.
A lot has changed in the world of web marketing over the years. Social media has changed the way we interact with each other and mobile devices have changed the way we use and view the internet. These tips will help you get more traffic to your site.