Gas turbines and other sources of energy play important roles in many industries. From the necessary turbine inspections every few months to make sure that every part is running efficiently to weekly turbine support services that monitor daily performance numbers, having the right maintenance crew and protocol in place can help any business be more effective and productive.
As America continues to find the most affordable way to access the energy that is needed to run the country, it should come as no surprise that there are a number of people who are demanding the cleanest and most environmentally friendly solutions available. Both heavy frame engines andaeroderivative engines, the two types of land based gas turbines, require regular maintenance if they are to work as effectively as possible.
Energy Solutions Are an Important Part of Any Nation’s Success and Sustainability
As Americans come to grips with being the only country in the world to opt out of the Global summit Agreement, there are many individuals and corporations who are taking these matters into their own hands. The decision to look for clean energy solutions, in fact, is a goal of many people across America. With the implementation of more and more wind towers across the country, for instance, there is a growing need for companies that can provide turbine inspections and other processes to make sure that the current energy producing measures are as effective as possible.
Consider these facts and figures about the energy that is used in this country and the impact that this use has on the nation’s economy:
- Compressor module, combustion module, and turbine module are the three primary modules in a gas turbine engine.
- Natural gas is the second most heavily consumed energy source in America.
- Extracting almost 750 billion cubic meters of natural gas, the U.S. was the largest producer of natural gas in the world in the year 2016.
- Typically, at 2,000 degrees Fahrenheit, steam turbines operate at a much higher temperature than steam turbines which operate at 1,200 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Although newer models get a lot of attention, steam turbines have been used since the 1880s for electricity production.
- Even a small salt particle can be damaging to a turbine in a plant. In fact, once salt particles attach themselves to turbine blades, they attract other particles, like dirt. This can decrease the turbine’s power output by as much as 15%.
We live in a time when energy efficiency is extremely important, so it is essential that every working part is well maintained, from regular turbine inspections to other important safety and protocol procedures.